Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Goals & Objectives for ABWK


The end of our project is drawing closer and my group is working full force to complete our tasks on time.  We have a list of about 20 tasks that need to be completed so we kicked things off by organizing ourselves with an excel checklist that has each task, whose working on it, and it's status of completion.  This organization has been key as we've progressed through the project.  One of my personal goals was to stay organized throughout the time we work on the project because things can get a little confusing when working in larger groups.  I knew that staying organized would keep our team working smoothly through the project.  

Towards the beginning of the project Dr. Moody asked us to share our attributes with the rest of our group.  These attributes would be things that we knew would help when working on the project.  I listed my attributes as writing and photography.  Within my group I've taken a role as writing some of the content such as, a fact sheet, timeline, and social media suggestions.  This is an aspect of the project where I see myself giving a majority of my contributions.  

An overall personal goal I've set out for myself through this project was to have as much responsibility and input as I could.  I wasn't looking to take over or even become a team leader, but I did want to be a strong contributor to the end result.  I see this project as an excellent example of my PR skills and hopefully I will be able to present it to future employers.   
 
My objectives for the project are to provide Habitat for Humanity with the building blocks for the PR of their new program A Brush with Kindness.  I want to leave them with all the necessary tools to implement the PR when they are ready to launch the program.  I hope we can provide them with fresh ideas and inspiration for further endeavors.   

After learning more about the A Brush with Kindness program I’ve become extremely passionate about helping Habitat for Humanity gain the support they deserve.  This program will help lift the spirits of many people in Waco of those receiving and those giving.  

No comments:

Post a Comment